Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ham Shank Shortage and Beer Shopping

I've been to three freakin' grocery stores today looking in vain for ham shanks. I've come to the conclusion that there is some kind of ham shank shortage (say that three times fast) in east central Pennsylvania. It's 54 degrees and and I want ham and bean soup. Dammit.

But anyway . . . I went to my favorite beer store. I got Blue Point Blueberry Ale, Buffalo Bill's Orange Blossom Cream Ale, Smuttynose Portsmouth Lager, Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale, Abita Strawberry Harvest Ale, and Abita Turbo Dog. No Aegean (a recomendation from a friend) to be found and the owner wasn't there so I couldn't ask him about it. He had some Beavis and Butthead clone working the register.

Screw the bean soup. I have beer now. I'm drinking the Blue Point.

Tomorrow I'm going to review the web sites of the above beers and I'm pretty much gonna crucify all of them. Just because I have beer doesn't mean I won't be bitchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...