Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Judy's Kiffel Recipe


1 lb butter
12 oz cream cheese (full fat)
4 cups flour

Cream butter and cheese, add flour until thoroughly mixed,
shape into 4 balls, cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.


Make Filling:
Filling:
1 lb ground nuts ( I use walnuts)
1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 egg whites slightly beaten

Mix all ingredients until blended, put in fridge until dough is ready.

When dough is chilled roll each ball out on 10X sugar till about 1/8 inch thick, cut into circles about (3 inch diameter). Fill with teaspoon of nut filling placed on top third of dough circle. Fold dough over filling, then fold over again and crimp edges. Resembles a little burrito.

Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 14 minutes, just until the bottoms start to turn golden. I use parchment on my cookie sheets. They don't seem to burn for me when I do that.
Remove from oven, sift 10X sugar over while still hot. Cool and store.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be trying this this weekend! I've never had Kiffel before, but this sounds so good. I made your lime bars and they were delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...