Sunday, July 24, 2011

PAN FRIED PANKO PORK CHOPS



WHAT YOU NEED

Flour
Salt and pepper (or other preferred seasoning, I often used Emeril's Essence)
Egg(s)
Panko bread crumbs
Pork chops
Olive oil for frying

Notes - I did not give amounts because that would depend on how many pork chops you are making. I usually make 1 or 2 at a time. I use paper plates for the breading process. Start off with about 1/4 cup of flour and panko. I season the flour before I dredge the pork chops in it. I use 1 egg. You can always add more of these ingredients if you need more. 

Place flour on plate. Add seasoning to taste. Stir the flour. Beat egg and pour onto plate. Add panko to remaining plate. Take your pork chops and first dredge them through the flour, both sides. Then dip them in the egg, once again both sides. Allow excess egg to drip from chop before you bread it with the panko. Allow the breaded chops to sit while you heat the oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot enough, fry your chops until they are browned.

I use my well-seasoned cast iron frying pan for this. If you have never owned one, you truly do not know what you are missing. Best bet - buy one at a garage/yard sale. Hopefully it will already be seasoned for you. If you are more into "pretty" than practical, tale a lookie at this one I've found.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...