Wednesday, August 15, 2007

MRS. MISUNAS'S PICKLES






















It took me over five years to get this recipe. I had to grovel for it. As soon as I got it, I gave it to everyone who asked for it. I don't understand recipe hoarding.

2 quarts of water
1 cup of vinegar (the crappy distilled white actually works the best)
1/2 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of salt
large bunch of fresh dill
at least one head of garlic, chopped
approx. 16 pickling cukes (It ain't gonna work with regular cukes)

Combine first four ingredients in pot and bring to boil.

While waiting for brine to boil, pack a pickle jar with dill on bottom, half the chopped garlic, the pickling cukes cut into spears, and top with remaining garlic.

When brine has cooled, pour into pickle jar. Refrigerate for two days and then eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...