Sunday, July 24, 2011

GOOD EATS REVISITED - CHIMICHURRI MEATBALLS




I have been dreaming of chimichurri meatballs. For the past 2 weeks, I have tried to make them, but each time I'd try, I 'd realize that I was missing an important ingredient. The first time it was the pork, then the feta, then the green onions. I finally got my act and groceries together.

Chimchurri sauce originated in Argentina as a marinade and basting sauce. The prime ingredient is parsley, although many recipes call for cilantro. While there are many commercial brands of chimichurri sauce out there,  nothing tops a sauce made from fresh herbs and other fresh ingredients. It is easy to make and you can adapt it to your tastes and dishes.

These meatballs are easy to make. The recipe should make 48 small meatballs. You want to keep them small so they cook quickly. You also want the freshest parsley possible. I grow 2 kinds and always have it readily available.

This time I put them and the chimichirri sauce over fettuccine. Worked out well.

Even if you aren't interested in the chimichurri sauce, the meatballs are excellent and could be used for other recipes. I have used the chimichurri sauce as a dressing for salads and it tastes good over pasta or rice.

Check out the recipe for yourself.
Chimichurri meatballs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...