Sunday, July 17, 2011

BUFFALO WILD WINGS - DON'T BOTHER






We went to the recently opened Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant/bar/whatever in Daytona this past Friday to celebrate a friend's birthday. Since there was going to be 19 of us attending, my friend thought it would be wise to call ahead. She was told that they didn't take reservations but that they would make a note of it. I know many chain restaurants don't take reservations, but when you are told that a party of this size is coming to your restaurant, I would think you'd want to know. So we stood in the sweltering heat for approximately 30 minutes because we couldn't fit in the restaurant foyer because there was so many people waiting. Finally we went into the open air section, hoping to get drinks at the bar. We walked past at least 8 empty tables.

When I got to the bar, I was very psyched about the beer selections. Guinness, Terrapin, Sam Adams, Yuengling . . . some really great beers on tap. Too bad the bartenders don't wait on women. I stood there and was ignored as I waved my money while I watched at least 5 men get waited on. I then watched Karen and Nikki go through the same thing. However, when John and Cornelius went to the bar, they were served immediately. The women ended up having to give our drink orders to the men since obviously our money isn't as good as the money held by men. Big turn-off for me.

After waiting about an hour, we were finally seated. They sat us at separate tables. We ended up having to push our own tables together and basically could only talk to the people sitting right beside us since the place was so loud. We then began our wait for food. And least another 45 minutes and they screwed up my order. When the food finally arrived, it was OK. Not worth the hassle we had been put through, but OK. If someone wanted to stop by and pick up some Asian Zing wings and some mango-jalapeno wings and bring them to me, I'd eat them and be happy about it, but I really have no interest in returning there again.

My money is the same money that people with penises have and I truly resent the bartenders' attitude towards women.

So not impressed. Out of 5 stars, I'd give them a 1 1/2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...