Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pound Cake Cupcakes


I guess I can post some things I made while on my blogging hiatus.

These are soooooo good!! When you look at the ingredient list, you may think that these would be extraordinarily heavy cupcakes, but they aren't. I did use my KitchenAid mixer to mix them so that might have helped.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups of flour
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 3 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 6 large eggs
  • 2 cups softened (not melted) butter
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan.

Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (I put it all in my mixer bowl.) Add butter, milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed and then up the mixer speed to medium and mix for about four minutes. Make sure to scrape down the bowl before adding your eggs. Add eggs one at time and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds after eacg egg. Once all the eggs are in the batter, mix at medium speed for one minute. Batter will be thick and fluffy.

Spoon batter into cupcake liners until half full. Don't fill them any more than that or it will get messy!! Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick, inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes completely in the cupcake pans. Makes about 40 cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...