Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Farmers Market

I went to the farmers market today. I kinda went apeshit. I bought Concord grapes, yellow pear cherry tomatoes, pickling cukes, garlic, fresh corn, red and green bell peppers, zucchini, onions, scallions, fresh broad leaf parsley and the most beautiful ginger root I have ever seen.

So, of course, I came home and used most of it. I made corn salad.



I also made pickles. I couldn't find fresh dill there though, and I ended up having to visit three grocery stores before I could find any.



I'm packing it all up tomorrow for my trip to Georgia. I'm hoping that Aleta will make her fried chicken if I show up with food gifts.

1 comment:

  1. Those pickles look so good. I'm going to the farmers market this weekend, so I'll keep my eye out for pickling cukes to try your recipe. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...