Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Soy and Garlic Pork Chops


Many many years ago . . . I was given a recipe for grilled pork chops. Amy, the recipe donor, tried to impress upon me just how great these chops were. I shrugged and smiled, thinking to myself, "Soy sauce, garlic, and brown sugar? I don't think so." Then I made them. I changed my mind.

I've lost the actual recipe that she gave me, but here is the way I do it. I've used fresh garlic rather than the powder she had listed and I switched the regular soy sauce for low sodium.

  • 4-6 center cut pork chops

Marinade

  • 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 head of bruised (before peeling and chopping, use the flat side of a knife to crush the cloves. This will also make it easier to peel the skin from the cloves.) and then coarsely chopped garlic
  • approx. 1/4 cup of brown sugar (I don't really measure mine. I want the soy to thicken a little.)
  • chopped ginger (optional, I add it when I have it.)

Stir all marinade ingredients together. Let sit for a few minutes so the sugar can dissolve. Then stir again before adding marinade to pork chops.

Place the pork chops in a 9x12 glass dish. Pour marinade over them. I usually marinate the chops for 24 hours in the refrigerator, turning them occasionally. The original recipe said to marinate for an hour at room temperature, but I think they have a much better flavor with the lengthened marinade time and leaving pork out on my counter for any length of time concerns me.

Then grill.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...