Monday, June 18, 2012

KING OF SNAKE COCKTAIL




A rant before the recipe - I had a heck of a time finding chile pepper vodka. You can get Swedish fish flavored vodka, but good luck trying to find pepper vodka. Is this a Florida thing? Sheesh.

You'll have to really like ginger to enjoy this one.


1 inch piece of peeled fresh ginger, first crushed, then chopped
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/4 cup of vodka (I used Absolut)
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons of chile pepper flavored vodka ( I used Stoli Hot)
2 tablespoons of orange liqueur (I used Cointreau)

2 cups of crushed ice


Muddle the ginger and brown sugar together in a cocktail shaker. (I got to use my skull shaker!) I allowed it to sit for about 10 minutes too. I wanted the sugar to liquify. Add all remaining ingredients except the ice. shake for about 20 seconds. Fill 2 old fashioned glasses with the crushed ice. Strain cocktail into glass and serve.

And then be prepared to sit. Because it's a butt kicker.

Need a cocktail shaker? Look at some of these.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...